To invest in startups, from Egypt and Africa that provide effective and convenient access to financial services. Pride Capital’s founders demonstrate a collective experience of over seventy years in the financial and technology industries.
The partners’ extensive experience in financial services (banking and non-banking) is allowing them to identify the gaps in the value of chain of financial services, assisting start-ups in a much more active way through structuring of products, networking, guiding and mentoring, and providing the required assistance to draw the growth plan of the product.
Pride Capital brings in the technology as a core mean of enhancing financial services, allowing for more effective accessibility to financial services.
Our Recent Collaboration
- In 2018, Pride Capital and Startupbootcamp (SBC), in partnership with key industry giants, including the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Pharos Holding, AlexBank, Visa, Ayady, Sanad’s Entrepreneurship Academy, and Export Development Bank of Egypt (EBE), brought together ‘FinTech Cairo’ as the first of its kind FinTech accelerator program to Egypt.
- The program will develop across four years and will nurture forty FinTech startups selected among the best in Egypt’s ecosystem.
- Startupbootcamp Pride FinTech Cairo program received more than 100 startup applications and the top 11 startups were selected in January 2019 for their first cohort of Fintech focused startups.
- The program accelerates start-ups in the following focus areas, under which several lines of businesses fall:
- Payments and Transfers.
- Consumer Banking.
- Insurance (life and property and causality).
- Capital Markets and Advisory.
- Micro finance and consumer lending
- The SBC - Pride FinTech Cairo accelerator will start new rounds annually, allowing different round to overlap for wider exposure.